Koji Takeda, MD
Locations and Appointments
ColumbiaDoctors - 15 North Broadway
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Koji Takeda, MD
Koji Takeda, MD, PhD is a cardiac surgeon and Surgical Director for Adult Heart Transplant at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Dr. Takeda has a focus on heart failure, heart transplant surgery and mechanical circulatory support through ventricular assist devices (VADs). In addition to his clinical work, he is an active researcher in all of these areas, as well as in cardiac regeneration therapy.
Dr. Takeda completed his medical training, post-graduate training, residency and fellowship in Osaka, Japan, after which he completed an advanced cardiovascular surgery fellowship at Northwestern University, Chicago. He is the recipient of multiple honors and awards including the American College of Chest Physicians Award, Japan Branch, 2009; and chief resident award and best resident award, 2005, at the National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan.
Specialties & Expertise
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- Residency: University Hospital
- Fellowship: University Hospital
- Medical School: University of Osaka Medical School
- Fellowship: McGaw Medical Center - Northwestern University
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- 1999 Best score award in Ob/Gyn
- 2005 Chief Resident of the Year, National Cardiovascular Center
- 2005 Resident of the Year, National Cardiovascular Center
- 2009 American College of Chest Physicians Award, Japan Branch