Additional Locations for Marc L. Otten, MD
ColumbiaDoctors - 12 Studio Arcade12 Studio ArcadeBronxville
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Marc L. Otten, MD
Dr. Marc Otten earned his medical degree at Cornell University, where he graduated with honors. He completed neurological surgery internship, residency and chief residency at the Columbia University Neurological Institute of New York. In addition, he completed a fellowship at the Minimally Invasive Cranial Base Surgery Center at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, specializing in endoscopic, micro-surgical and non-operative approaches to brain and spinal disorders.
Dr. Otten's practice is devoted to tumors of the brain and spine, skull base tumors, gliomas, meningiomas, acoustic neuromas, pituitary tumors, craniopharyngiomas, Chiari malformation, and microvascular decompression (MVD) for trigeminal neuralgia, and hemifacial spasm. He also treats degenerative spine disease, intervertebral disc disease, hydrocephalus, and neuro-trauma.
He uses endoscopy, laser ablation, awake craniotomy and other specialized techniques to minimize risk to patients with disorders of the brain and spine. He has published in leading, peer-reviewed journals about his work on non-invasive methods for mapping brain function in patients with brain tumors, which helps maximize tumor resection while maintaining optimum safety.
As a member of the brain tumor center and pituitary team, Dr. Otten is part of a multi-disciplinary group that brings expertise from multiple specialties, including neurosurgery, radiation oncology, neuro-oncology, neuro-endocrinology, ENT and ophthalmology.
Dr. Otten sees patients at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville, NY and NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.
- Neurological Surgery
- Arachnoid Cyst
- Arnold Chiari Malformation
- Brain Abscess
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Conditions
- Chiari Malformation
- Endoscopic Brain Surgery
- Gamma Knife
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Minimally Invasive (Endoscopic) Neurosurgery
- Minimally Invasive Brain Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Techniques
- Stereotactic Neurosurgery
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Third Ventriculostomy
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Neurological Surgery at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital