Additional Locations for Jeffrey L. Zitsman, MD
CUIMC/NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital3959 BroadwayNew York
ColumbiaDoctors - 685 White Plains Road685 White Plains RoadFloor 2Eastchester
ColumbiaDoctors - 15 North Broadway15 North BroadwayFloor Lower Level, Suite GWhite Plains
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Jeffrey L. Zitsman, MD
Dr. Zitsman graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a degree in natural sciences, and received his M.D. degree from Tufts University Medical School in 1976. He received his training in General Surgery at Tufts-New England Medical Center in Boston, and completed his Pediatric Surgery training at the Babies & Children's Hospital of New York. He is Board-Certified in General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery, and also holds a Certificate of Special Competence in Surgical Critical Care.
Dr. Zitsman has maintained an active clinical practice in pediatric surgery in the New York area since 1985. He holds the rank of Professor of Surgery at the Columbia University Medical Center. His areas of interest include applications of minimally invasive techniques in pediatric surgery, chest wall deformities, and weight loss surgery in adolescents. Dr. Zitsman has been named to Castle Connolly's Best Doctors in the New York area list annually since 2002.
Dr. Zitsman is founder and Director of the Center for Adolescent Bariatric Surgery at the Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of New York-Presbyterian. He is Principal Investigator for an FDA-approved adolescent laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding study. He has performed over 200 minimal access weight loss procedures and serves as Vice-Chairman of the Committee on Obesity of the American Pediatric Surgical Association. He is a member of the Program Committee and the Childhood Obesity Committee of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and has served as a Consultant to the Medical Devices Evaluation Panel of the FDA.
- Pediatric Surgery
- Surgery, General
- Bariatric Surgery - Adolescents
- Minimally Invasive Pediatric Surgery
- Medical School: Tufts School of Medicine
- Internship: New England Medical Center-TUFTS University
- Residency: Babies & Children's Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Fellowship: American College of Surgeons
Titles & Positions
- Director, Center for Adolescent Bariatric Surgery, NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
- Professor of Surgery at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital