Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Ainat Beniaminovitz, MD
Ainat Beniaminovitz, MD is a board certified cardiologist, with a special focus on women's cardiovascular health. After earning a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from Columbia University in 1986, she went on to complete her medical school training, residency, and fellowship at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center, where she served as a chief medical resident and a chief cardiology fellow.
Upon completing her fellowship, she joined the staff at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center as a full-time cardiologist, focusing primarily on heart failure and cardiac transplantation. During this time, she published extensively on heart disease issues and presented her work to the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. She also co-authored several articles that appeared in medical compilations and publications including American Journal of Cardiology, New England Journal of Medicine, and Circulation (a publication of the American Heart Association).
In 2000, Dr. Beniaminovitz joined the practice as a clinical cardiologist with a particular interest in heart failure and women's health. As a mother of three children, she understands how important a woman's health is, to herself as well as to her family.
With her strong diagnostic skills, extensive clinical experience, and familiarity with the latest cardiac techniques, Dr. Beniaminovitz is helping to bring state-of-the-art cardiovascular care to the residents of Rockland and Orange counties. She frequently addresses community groups about the importance of preventing heart disease, and how a proper diet, exercise, and lifestyle can contribute to maintaining cardiovascular health.
Dr. Beniaminovitz is an Attending Physician at both NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center and at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY. In addition, she is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Specialties & Expertise
- Adult Cardiology
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Consultations and Second Opinions
- Heart Disease
- Preventive Cardiology
- Womens Heart Disease
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- 1993-1994 Chief Medical Resident, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, NY
- 1996-1997 Cardiology Chief Resident, Cardiology Fellowship Program, Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, NY