Jacob Lauer, MD, MPH
Locations and Appointments
ColumbiaDoctors - 696 White Plains Road
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Jacob Lauer, MD, MPH
Dr. Jacob Lauer is an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center in the Division of Gynecological Specialty Surgery. He also holds administrative titles as the Director of the Gynecology Patient Safety and Quality Program in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Director of Operations in the Division of Gynecologic Specialty Surgery.
Dr. Lauer earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and went on to complete his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Oklahoma. After his residency, Dr. Lauer was a faculty member at the University of Wisconsin before completing his fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. This fellowship experience provided Dr. Lauer with specialized training and expertise in complex gynecologic surgery, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and robotic surgery. Dr. Lauer also earned a Master's of Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Currently, Dr. Lauer is working towards an Executive Master's of Business Administration at Columbia Business School.
In both his clinical and administrative roles, Dr. Lauer is driven by a commitment to providing personalized, high quality care to all patients.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Specialties & Expertise
- Abnormal Uterine and Vaginal Bleeding
- Advanced Gynecologic Surgery
- Chronic Pelvic Pain In Female
- Complex Gynecologic Surgery
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery Gyn Proced
- Female Pelvic Pain
- Female Pelvic Surgery
- Hysteroscopic Procedures
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery
- Menstrual Disorders
- Pelvic Mass
- Pelvic Pain
- Robotic Surgery
- Uterine Fibroid
- Residency: University Of Oklahoma
- Medical School: The University of Kansas Medical Center / School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, Columbia University
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at CUMC
- Director of Gynecology Patient Safety and Quality Program, Department of OB/GYN
- Director of Operations, Division of Gynecologic Specialty Surgery
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester