Charles A. Popkin, MD
Additional Locations for Charles A. Popkin, MD
ColumbiaDoctors - Tarrytown155 White Plains RoadTarrytown
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington AvenueNew York
CUIMC/NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital3959 BroadwayNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
Book an Appointment Online
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Charles A. Popkin, MD
Dr. Charles A. Popkin specializes in pediatric, adolescent, and collegiate sports medicine, with an emphasis on the operative and non-operative treatment of complex knee disorders. His specific clinical interests involve primary and revision ACL reconstruction, patellar instability, cartilage injuries and disorders, meniscal tears, and recalcitrant patellar tendinopathy.
With dual fellowships in Pediatric Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Dr. Popkin has dedicated his career to the comprehensive treatment and prevention of injury in developing athletes. He has a particular interest in the management of ice hockey injuries, serving as a team physician for USA Hockey, and on the USA Hockey National Safety and Protective Equipment Committee. Dr. Popkin is also the head team physician for the Mercy College Mavericks in Dobbs Ferry, and the Hackley School in Tarrytown.
In addition to his academic practice, Dr. Popkin conducts research on ACL injury prevention, ACL reconstruction techniques in the pediatric athlete, overuse injuries in youth sports, refractory patellar tendonitis, and shoulder instability in ice hockey. He lives in Westchester and enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons.
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Adolescent Sports Injuries
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- Knee Ligament Reconstructions
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Sports Injury
- Fellowship: Minnesota Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Institute
- Internship: Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Residency: Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship: Hospital for Sick Children
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital