Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
About Zakaria Grada, MD
I am anatomic and clinical pathologist specializing in cytopathology and surgical pathology at the Department of Pathology and cell biology. I completed medical school at Tripoli University, Libya and clinical scientist training program master's degree from Baylor College of Medicine Houston, Texas. I worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Baylor and MD Anderson Cancer Center and engaged in translational research focusing on adoptive immunotherapy with gene-modified effector cells to improve cancer therapy using CAR-T cells and published several peer-reviewed articles in esteemed journals. I completed my anatomic and clinical pathology training at Brown University/ Rhode Island Hospital and cytopathology training program at Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College. I completed my surgical pathology training at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital/Harvard University.
I held previous appointments as an Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School/Rutgers University and Director of the Cytopathology services at Monmouth Medical Center and Community medical center.
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Fellowship: Dartmouth-Hitchcock/Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital Program
- Fellowship: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Ctr/Harvard Medical School Surgical/Breast/GI Pathology Program
- Residency: Rhode Island hospital/Brown University
- Internship: Rhodesia island hospital/Brown university
- Medical School: AL FATEH university
- Fellowship: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Fellowship: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton
- Residency: Rhode Island Hospital
- Medical School: University of Al Fateh
- Fellowship: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Al-Fateh
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology at CUMC
Awards & Honors
- 24th Annual Hospital Research Celebration, Rhode Island Hospital: 2nd place winner, October 2016.
- Master degree Scholarship: Clinical Scientist Training Program, Baylor College of Medicine, 2010
- The American Society for Gene and Cell Therapy: Merit Award, May, 2011.