Tirissa Jean Reid, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Tirissa Jean Reid, MD
Dr. Reid is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University in the Division of Endocrinology. She completed her medical training at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, followed by an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College of Medicine. After her residency, she spent a year as a Research Fellow and then completed her fellowship training in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, both at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University.
Dr. Reid is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology. During her fellowship, her research focused on acromegaly. She received an Endocrine Fellows Foundation Award as well as an NIH supplemental grant to investigate the endothelial function of patients with acromegaly. Her current research focuses on obesity and changes in hormones and medical co-morbidities in patients undergoing bariatric surgery. She currently treats patients at the Columbia University Weight Control Center.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
Specialties & Expertise
- Weight Control
- Weight Loss
- Weight Management
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- Endocrine Fellows Foundation Award (2010)
- NIH/NIDDK Diversity Supplement Award to R01 DK064720 (2010)
- The Endocrine Society Outstanding Abstract Award (2011)
- The Endocrine Society Travel Grant Award (2009)