Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Thyyar M. Ravindranath, MBBS
I was trained both in General Surgery as well as as in General Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. My clinical experience encompasses over 30 years as a Pediatric Critical Care Physician and presently spend time in Pediatric Neuro-Intensive Care Unit as an Attending Physician. I also attend on critically ill children in general pediatric critical care unit as well as in Pediatric Cardiac Care Unit. Our patient population consists of critically ill neuro, cardiac, pulmonary, transplant, trauma, cancer, Genetic Metabolic patients with complex medical issues. I'm trained in a wide variety of supportive therapy such as High Frequency Osciilation, Renal Replacement Therapy, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation, the use of ultrasound in accessing blood vessels for vascular access. I was trained in the use of Indirect Calorimeter in assessing energy needs of critically ill as well as non-critically ill children. Burn-out is an important phenomenon that afflicts physician in general and particularly physicians working in Critical area. We conducted our 1st work shop on recognizing physician burn out and train them to acquire resilience. As a champion of wellness in critical care, I plan to conduct periodic assessment of physician burn out in our faculty and fellows that are undergoing training in critical care. We have introduced both burn-out scale as well as grit scale that would track the wellness of our faculty and traines.
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Critical Care Specialist
- Internship: Cook County Children's Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Residency: Cook County Children's Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship: Children's Medical Center - Dallas, TX
- Medical School: Kilpauk Medical College, Madras University (India)
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- Wellness Champion for the Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital