Thomas O'Donnell, MD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Thomas O'Donnell, MD
Dr. Thomas F.X. O'Donnell is a vascular surgeon in the Aortic Center at New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He treats the full spectrum of vascular disease including advanced open and minimally invasive techniques for treating cerebrovascular, peripheral, and mesenteric disease with a special focus on complex aortic pathologies.
After graduating the University of Notre Dame and subsequently Weill Cornell Medical College, Dr. O'Donnell completed his surgery residency at Massachusetts General Hospital, and a fellowship in vascular and endovascular surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He spent two years as a Harvard-Longwood T32 Research fellow and completed the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health's Program of Clinical Effectiveness.
A surgeon-scientist, Dr. O'Donnell specializes in clinical outcomes research utilizing large databases. He has published over 50 manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals, two book chapters, and is a reviewer for several surgical journals. His research focuses on the optimal treatment strategies for aortic aneurysms and dissections.
- Medical School: Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Internship: Massachusetts General Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- Peter B. Samuels Essay Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, 2017
- Peter B. Samuels Essay Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, 2018