Additional Locations for Thomas O'Donnell, MD
NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester55 Palmer AvenueBronxville
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Thomas O'Donnell, MD
Dr. Thomas F.X. O'Donnell is a vascular surgeon in the Aortic Center at New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He treats the full spectrum of vascular disease including advanced open and minimally invasive techniques for treating cerebrovascular, peripheral, and mesenteric disease with a special focus on complex aortic pathologies.
After graduating the University of Notre Dame and subsequently Weill Cornell Medical College, Dr. O'Donnell completed his surgery residency at Massachusetts General Hospital, and a fellowship in vascular and endovascular surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He spent two years as a Harvard-Longwood T32 Research fellow and completed the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health's Program of Clinical Effectiveness.
A surgeon-scientist, Dr. O'Donnell specializes in clinical outcomes research utilizing large databases. He has published over 50 manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals, two book chapters, and is a reviewer for several surgical journals. His research focuses on the optimal treatment strategies for aortic aneurysms and dissections.
- Medical School: Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Internship: Massachusetts General Hospital
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- Peter B. Samuels Essay Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, 2017
- Peter B. Samuels Essay Award, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, 2018