T. Scott Stroup, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About T. Scott Stroup, MD
T. Scott Stroup, MD, MPH, is a Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Stroup's research focuses on the effectiveness of interventions and services for people diagnosed with schizophrenia and related illnesses. He was co-principal investigator of the Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) study and director of the Schizophrenia Trials Network. He conducts research examining treatment strategies for schizophrenia.
He is principal investigator of the OPAL Center, a National Institute of Mental Health supported center that focuses on examining interventions for schizophrenia that have real-world applications. His other interests include global mental health and the dissemination of evidence-based practices.
Specialties & Expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Internship: Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
- Residency: Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
- Medical School: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Director, Optimizing and Personalizing Interventions for Schizophrenia Across the Lifespan (OPAL) Center
- Professor of Psychiatry
- Vice Chair for Academic Affairs and Faculty Development, Department of Psychiatry
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center