Sylvie Goldman, PHD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Sylvie Goldman, PHD
Dr. Sylvie Goldman is a developmental psychologist specialized in the diagnosis of early developmental disorders, such as autism spectrum disorders and language and communication impairments. She obtained her degree in clinical psychology from the Université Libre de Bruxelles, where she specialized in cognitive and emotional disorders and child neuropsychological evaluation. She developed her expertise in language disorders at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, working in a large longitudinal project on language and communication disorders. Dr. Goldman gained her experience in early diagnosis during her 8 years of practice as a clinical psychologist at the McCarton Center for Developmental Pediatrics in Manhattan, where she performed comprehensive diagnostic evaluation of children ages from 8 months to 10 years.
She is certified in Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) and Autism Diagnostic Interview (ADI -R) and administered cognitive, language, and behavioral testing batteries.
Selected testing instruments:
- Cognitive testing: Bayley, Wechsler, Stanford-Binet, Raven's
- Language testing: PPVT, E-ROWPT, CELF, CCC-2
- Behavioral: Vineland, BASC, SRS, SCQ, RBS-R
- Diagnostic: ADOS, ADI-R, CARS
Specialties & Expertise
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental Disorder
- Intellectual disability
- Language Problems
- Learning Disabilities
- Movement Disorders
- Tic Disorder
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Neuropsychology (in Neurology and the Gertrude H. Sergievsky Center)
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center