Suzanne Lentzsch, MD, PHD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Suzanne Lentzsch, MD, PHD
Dr. Lentzsch is a Professor of Clinical Medicine and the Director of the Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis Program at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University and at New York Presbyterian Hospital in New York. She is at New York Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Medical Center. After receiving her degrees from the Humboldt University/ Charité Berlin, Germany, she completed her residency and fellowship at Humboldt University. She did a research fellowship, studying the mechanism of action of thalidomide and its derivatives in multiple myeloma, in the Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center under the mentorship of Dr Kenneth Anderson at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA.
Dr. Lentzsch was recruited in August 2004 to the University of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI), PA, USA, and served as Clinical Director of the Multiple Myeloma Program at UPCI before accepting the position as Director of the Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis Program at Columbia University Medical Center. She cares primarily for patients with plasma cell dyscrasia including MGUS, Multiple Myeloma, Amyloidosis, POEMS and Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia.
Dr. Lentzsch is an internationally recognized expert in the field of Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis. She serves as a SWOG Myeloma Committee Member, SWOG Study Coordinator and International Myeloma Foundation "Black Swan Research Initiative" committee member. She is a member of the standing advisory board for the evaluation of Secondary Primary Malignancies associated with IMiDs.
Specialties & Expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- MGUS (Monoclonal Gammopathy of Unknown Significance)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Peripheral Stem Cell Transplant
- POEMS Syndrome
- Waldenstrom's Disease
- Fellowship: Dana Farber Cancer Institute-Harvard Medical School
- Residency: Humboldt University, Faculty of Medicine (Germany)
- Internship: Humboldt University, Faculty of Medicine (Germany)
- Medical School: Humboldt University, Faculty of Medicine (Germany)
- Fellowship: Humboldt University, Faculty of Medicine (Germany)
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- 2005 - Research Day Awardee, Junior Faculty Category, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Medicine Third Annual Research Day
- 2009 - UPCI Junior Scholar Award in Clinical Cancer Research
- 2012 - ASH Advocacy Leadership Institute
- 2012 - Japanese Society of Hematology Appreciation Award
- 2012/13 - “Leukemia Diploma For a selection of worthy articlesin 2012/2013” by Editor in Chief, Leukemia
- 2014 - Leukemia Lymphoma Society, Woman of the year Candidate
- 2014/15 - MMRF Laugh for Life Honorary Chair