Subhash Krishnamoorthy, MD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Subhash Krishnamoorthy, MD
Dr. Subhash Krishnamoorthy is a dual trained physician in general surgery and critical care medicine. He was born in India and raised in Hamilton, Ontario. He received his undergraduate degree in Medical & Health Physics at McMaster University. He completed his General Surgery residency and a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine at Columbia University – New York Presbyterian Hospital. He joined the faculty as Assistant Professor of Surgery in 2018.
His focus is centered on providing surgical solutions to acutely and critically ill patients. This extends from acute care surgery and surgical critical care to extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in respiratory and cardiac failure. He is passionate about patient-centered medicine, medical education, and collaborative initiatives to improve the quality of care.
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- Aiming for the Top Scholarship, McMaster University, 2002 2004
- Awards of academic/athletic excellence, Westmount Secondary School, 2002
- Employee of the Month, CTICU, Columbia University Medical Center, 2018
- Honour Award, McMaster University, 2002 2006
- International Peace Scholarship, St. Georges University, 2008 2012
- NSERC Undergraduate Summer Research Assistant Award, 2003
- Resident Teacher of the Month - Surgery, 2016
- Valedictorian, Westmount Secondary School, 2002