Steven Rosenberg, MD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Steven Rosenberg, MD
Steven E. Rosenberg, MD, is an expert in the field of strabismus and pediatric ophthalmology. He is the Anne S. Cohen Endowed Professor of Pediatric Ophthalmology and the Chief of Columbia's Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus division. Dr. Rosenberg has more than 25 years of experience specializing in all facets of pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus, including pediatric cataract surgery and complex adult and pediatric strabismus. He previously co-directed the Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus Service at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
Dr. Rosenberg received his undergraduate education at Harvard University and his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons. After his ophthalmology residency at Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, he completed his postdoctoral training with a fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus with Zane Pollard, MD, at the James Hall Eye Center, Scottish Rite Children's Medical Center. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Rosenberg has dedicated his career to education and has received numerous teaching awards, including the John S. Hermann, MD, Memorial Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Specialties & Expertise
- Adult Strabismus
- Pediatric Eye Surgery
- Pediatric Strabismus
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physician & Surgeons
- Residency: Manhattan Eye, Ear And Throat Hospital
- Fellowship: Zane Pollard MD/James Hall Eye Center/Scottish Rite Children's Medical Center
- Internship: California Pacific Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- John S. Hermann, MD, Memorial Award for Excellence in Teaching