Steven Lee Mackey, MD, PhD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/Presbyterian Hospital and Vanderbilt Clinic
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Steven Lee Mackey, MD, PhD
Dr. Mackey was born in a rural community outside of Columbus, Ohio and came to Columbia as an undergraduate where he majored in biology and mathematics. He entered the College of Physicians and Surgeons as an MD-PhD student where he did his thesis with Eric Kandel in neurophysiology. He did his residency in internal medicine at NYU, followed by a fellowship in endocrinology at Massachusetts General Hospital. He returned to Columbia as a clinician-educator in 1996 and currently divides his time between clinic practice in AIM and preceptor activities; Intern Block Director; Medicine Housestaff Coordinator 6GS; and Clinical Educator MD-PhD students.
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: University of Massachussetts Medical Center
- Internship: Maimonides Medical Center
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: New York University Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center