Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Stephen M Canfield, MD
Dr. Stephen Canfield is a board certified Allergist/Immunologist and member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. He is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC in the division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine.
Dr. Canfield earned his PhD in Immunology and Microbiology at Columbia University and went on to earn his MD there as well. He completed residency training in Internal Medicine at New York Presbyterian Hospital, where he served as Chief Medical Resident. He subsequently completed clinical training in Allergy and Immunology at Columbia University and has been practicing since 2001. In addition to clinical practice, Dr. Canfield serves as the Associate Program Director for the Allergy/Immunology clinical training program, and directs the Immunology Section of the major preclinical medical student course. He also serves as a curriculum advisor to medical schools in Southern Africa and in the Dominican Republic.
- Allergy and Immunology
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Research Studies
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- 1995-1996 Medical Chief Resident
- 2002 AAAAI Educational Research Trust Faculty Development Award
- 2009 Present Fellow, Glenda Garvey Teaching Academy
- 2011 Ewig Award for Outstanding Clinician Educator
- 2015 Charles W. Bohmfalk Award for teaching excellence
- Louis P. Markey Fellowship