Sonia Tolani, MD
Sonia Tolani, MD
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Sonia Tolani, MD
Dr. Tolani received her medical degree with honors from New York University School of Medicine. She completed her internship, medical residency and her fellowship in cardiovascular medicine at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. As part of her cardiology fellowship, Dr. Tolani spent several years studying the interplay of cholesterol and inflammation and how this interaction impacts atherosclerosis. Her research has been published in core journals including Atherosclerosis, Journal of Clinical Investigation and Journal of Immunology.
Dr. Tolani is part of the ColumbiaDoctors Hypertension Center and she is the co-Director of the Columbia Women's Heart Center, a unique program focusing on providing state of the art treatment and preventative care to women of all ages. In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Tolani is also working on developing digital tools to better educate health care providers about heart disease in women and to improve heart disease awareness in women globally.
Dr. Tolani's areas of expertise include consultative cardiology, preventative medicine and women's heart disease including the treatment of gestational hypertension and preeclampsia. She is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Echocardiography.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiology Consultation
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Cholesterol and Triglyceride Management
- General Cardiology
- Geriatric Cardiology
- Heart Disease and Women
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hypertension In Pregnancy
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Sports Cardiology
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- 5/2006 Bertram M. Gesner Memorial Award for Excellence in Immunology research
- 5/2006 Medical Degree Conferred with Honors in Microbiology
- 6/2011 Winner of Daniel L. Macken Cardiology Fellowship Research Award