Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Shunichi Homma, MD
Dr. Homma is the Margaret Milliken Hatch Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center, where he serves as the Deputy Chief of Cardiology Division, and the Director of Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging. For NewYork Quality Care, the ACO of NYPH/Columbia/Weill-Cornell, Dr. Homma is the Chief Medical Officer at Columbia University. He also is the Chief Medical Officer of CUMC's ColumbiaDoctors faculty practice organization.
Dr. Homma is a graduate of Dartmouth College and Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He completed internal medicine residency at the Montefiore Medical Center, and cardiology fellowships at Massachusetts General Hospital and Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. Dr. Homma is a founding board member of AHA Heritage affiliate and has served on the board of other organizations including American Society of Echocardiography where he headed up International Relations Committee. He serves or has served on various practice guideline committees including those for American Academy of Neurology, American Society of Echocardiography and European Heart Failure Society. Dr. Homma holds professorships at Tokyo Women's Medical University, Tohoku University, and Kansai Medical University.
He is credited with publishing more than 300 full-length manuscripts and has been continuously funded by NIH since 1989. His research interests center around echocardiographically detected embolic risk factors and treatment strategies for these findings.
Dr. Homma has published extensively on such risk factors as PFO, aortic plaque and low cardiac ejection fraction. Most recently, he has been the Clinical PI for NIH-funded Warfarin Aspirin Reduced Cardiac Ejection Fraction Study (WARCEF), an 11-country, 168-center clinical trial to compare warfarin and aspirin in patients with reduced LVEF in sinus rhythm.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Advanced Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiovascular Stress Testing
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Internship: Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University
Titles & Positions
- Chief Medical Officer, Columbia Site, NewYork Quality Care (ACO of NYPH, Columbia and Weill-Cornell)
- Chief Medical Officer, ColumbiaDoctors
- Deputy Chief, Division of Cardiology
- Director, Noninvasive CV Imaging
- Margaret Milliken Hatch Professor of Medicine (in Biomedical Engineering) at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center