Shinelle Caldwell, DO
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Shinelle Caldwell, DO
Dr. Shinelle Caldwell-Elwin is a certified obstetrician and gynecologist. She holds a bachelor's degree in psychology from Spelman College and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Caldwell-Elwin is passionate about women's health and combines her extensive training and education to help patients achieve optimal mental and physical health. Her approach looks beyond symptoms and considers a patient's overall well-being, including their lifestyle and environment. She attributes her success to her natural abilities to listen, empathize, and respond to her patients' needs.
Her scope of practice includes women's health, prenatal care, routine medical exams, and treatment of various reproductive health issues. Dr. Caldwell-Elwin has made it her life's work to optimize patient care.
Apart from her medical career, Dr. Caldwell-Elwin is a wife and mother to two children. In her leisure time, she enjoys reading and traveling.
Specialties & Expertise
- Abnormal Pap Smear
- Abnormal Uterine and Vaginal Bleeding
- Birth Control
- Contraceptive Care
- Family Planning
- General Gynecology
- Gynecologic Hormonal Disorders
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Irregular Periods/Menstrual Cycles
- Obstetrical Care
- Pap Smear For Cervical Cancer Screening
- Pre-Pregnancy Counseling
- Pregnancy Care
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Prenatal Care
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Teen Pregnancy
- Tubal Ligation
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Women's Health
- Medical School: Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM
- Residency: St. John's Episcopal Hospital- South Shore
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of OBGYN at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital