Shantanu Lal, DDS
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Shantanu Lal, DDS
Dr. Lal is the Director of Predoctoral Pediatric Dentistry and an Associate Professor of Dental Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center. He is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. He currently serves as council member, committee chair and editorial board member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
A board-certified clinician, Dr. Lal has been treating children and adolescents for over 10 years. He is dedicated to improving all aspects of their oral health in the least traumatic way possible. His areas of research include Technological Advances in Dentistry for Children, Stem Cells in Dentistry and the Oral Health-Systemic Disease Relationship. He is internationally recognized for his work on grants, scientific publications and presentations. Dr. Lal is also the recipient of the E.V. Zegarelli award for "dedicated and inspired teaching of dental students".
- Pediatric Dentistry
Specialties & Expertise
- Dental Cleanings
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, NY
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Dental Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center