Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Seth L. Pullman, MD
Dr. Pullman is the Founder and Director of the Clinical Motor Control Physiology Laboratory and Co-director of the Center for Movement Disorders Surgery at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. His research interests include disorders of central motor control in Parkinson's disease and related disorders. Dr. Pullman is a regular reviewer for Neurology, EEG Clinical Neurophysiology, Movement Disorders, Archives of Neurology, Journal of the Neurological Sciences, Muscle and Nerve, Neurobiology of Aging, and Epilepsia.
The Motor Control Physiology Laboratory is on the 11th floor of the Neurological Institute. Under Dr. Pullman's direction, the aim of the lab is to investigate normal and abnormal motor function using clinically-oriented physiological testing and experimentation. Areas of research include movement analysis, brainstem and spinal reflexes, botulinum toxin injections into limbs, intraoperative single unit recordings during functional neurosurgery, mathematical modeling, and artificial intelligence approaches to clinical and physiological data. Current projects include sophisticated diagnosis-oriented tremor analysis, back averaging EEG to EMG and polymyography, handwriting and spiral analysis, transcranial magnetic motor evoked responses, reaction time and movement speed analysis in patients undergoing surgery for Parkinson's disease, intraoperative monitoring during pallidotomy and diagnostic neural network paradigm development.
Dr. Pullman is Director of the Clinical Motor Physiology Laboratory
- Benign Essential Tremor
- Botulinum Toxin (Botox Injection)
- Clinical Neurophysiology Testing
- Electrodiagnostic Testing
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Parkinson's Disease
- Spasticity Treatment
- Stereotactic Neurosurgery
- Residency: Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital
- Medical School: McGill University Faculty of Medicine
- Fellowship: Laboratory of Neurophysiology-National Institute of Mental Health, NIH
- Internship: Royal Victoria Hospital - Montreal
Titles & Positions
- Director, Clinical Motor Physiology Laboratory
- Professor of Neurology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center