Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Rushelle Byfield, MD
As a pediatric nephrologist I have the opportunity to form lifelong relationships with my patients and their families, and to help them manage their sometimes complex illnesses. I especially enjoy helping children—especially those who face challenging diseases—learn how to thrive.
I take care of infants, children, and adolescents with a variety of kidney diseases, including high blood pressure, nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis, kidney stones, acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, and who require kidney transplantation. Most importantly I believe children with kidney disease benefit from a team-based approach in which we treat the child as whole. With that mindset, I bring all of the relevant members of our multidisciplinary team into each child's plan of care, including nursing, nutrition, social work, and pharmacy.
I completed my pediatrics training in the Bronx, at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore, and my pediatric nephrology training at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I also have a background in clinical epidemiology, and my main research interest is in the measurement and treatment of high blood pressure in children who are at high-risk for this condition. Through my research and by providing excellent clinical care, I hope to help children lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Medical School: SUNY Downstate College of Medicine
- Residency: SUNY Downstate College of Medicine Residency Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Children's Hosp
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Internship: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Children's Hospital at Montefiore
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital