Rushelle Byfield, MD
Rushelle Byfield, MD
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Rushelle Byfield, MD
As a pediatric nephrologist I have the opportunity to form lifelong relationships with my patients and their families, and to help them manage their sometimes complex illnesses. I especially enjoy helping children—especially those who face challenging diseases—learn how to thrive.
I take care of infants, children, and adolescents with a variety of kidney diseases, including high blood pressure, nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis, kidney stones, acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, and who require kidney transplantation. Most importantly I believe children with kidney disease benefit from a team-based approach in which we treat the child as whole. With that mindset, I bring all of the relevant members of our multidisciplinary team into each child's plan of care, including nursing, nutrition, social work, and pharmacy.
I completed my pediatrics training in the Bronx, at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore, and my pediatric nephrology training at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I also have a background in clinical epidemiology, and my main research interest is in the measurement and treatment of high blood pressure in children who are at high-risk for this condition. Through my research and by providing excellent clinical care, I hope to help children lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Pediatric Glomerulonephritis
- Pediatric Hemodialysis
- Pediatric Hypertension
- Pediatric Kidney Disease
- Pediatric Kidney Transplantation
- Pediatric Peritoneal Dialysis
- Medical School: SUNY Downstate College of Medicine
- Residency: SUNY Downstate College of Medicine Residency Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Children's Hosp
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Internship: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Children's Hospital at Montefiore
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital