Robert Graham Barr, MD, DrPH
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Robert Graham Barr, MD, DrPH
Dr. R. Graham Barr's research is primarily in respiratory epidemiology, relating to risk factors for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). He has evaluated hormonal and analgesic risk factors for asthma and COPD in the Nurses' Health Study and is currently evaluating usage of over-the-counter analgesic drugs during asthma exacerbations. He is principal investigator (PI) of a longitudinal cohort study of fish oil intake and COPD among current and former smokers. He is co-PI of the Columbia Field Center of the MultiEthnic Study of Atherosclerosis, a 10-year prospective cohort study funded by NHLBI, PI of Mesa-Lung, a large study of endothelial function and lung function in that cohort, and PI at Columbia Mesa-Air, a 10-year prospective study on the health effects of air pollution funded by the EPA.
- Internal Medicine
- Residency: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Internship: New York University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Massachussetts General Hospital
- Medical School: McGill University Faculty of Medicine
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Chief, Division of General Medicine
- Hamilton Southworth Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center