Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Pinar J Smith, MD
Pinar Jaclyn Smith, MD joined the Columbia Thyroid Center as an endocrinologist in July 2020. Dr. Smith's procedures include performing in-office thyroid ultrasounds and FNA biopsies. She also actively participates in thyroid tumor boards where she brings her patients' cases to the attention of a multidisciplinary group that includes surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, and pathologists to discuss their cancer management plans. Dr. Smith is serving on the American Thyroid Association Surgical Affairs Committee.
She completed her endocrinology fellowship at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Beth Israel, where she trained under Dr. Terry Davies. While there, she was recognized as an E. Chester Ridgway Trainee Recipient of the American Thyroid Association. Dr. Smith has presented case reports of thyroid disease at multiple conferences, including the American Thyroid Association, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and the Endocrine Society. She has been researching bone metabolism since 2008 while at the University of Virginia as both an undergrad and as a medical student and, later, at the Icahn School of Medicine.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
- Endocrine Disorders
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disease
- Medical School: University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency: Loyola Medicine MacNeal Hospital
- Fellowship: Mount Sinai / Icahn School of Medicine
Awards & Honors
- University of Virginia (UVA) Echols Scholar, 2007-2011
- UVA Department of Chemistry Distinguished Major Program, 2011Highest Distinction
- UVA Department of Chemistry Merck Index Award, 2011