Additional Locations for Philip George, MD
CUIMC/Milstein Hospital Building177 Ft. Washington AvenueNew York
ColumbiaDoctors - 308 Willow Avenue308 Willow AvenueFloor FirstHoboken
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Philip George, MD
Philip George, MD is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Columbia University. He is a board-certified general surgeon who is fellowship-trained in minimally invasive and robotic general surgery. During his residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center, he was elected chief resident and was awarded the prestigious Arthur Aufses Jr. Award for his dedication to surgical research, resident teaching, and excellence in patient care. Dr. George then underwent fellowship training in minimally invasive anti-reflux and hernia surgery at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis, Maryland. His unique fellowship training has made him skillful in advanced minimally invasive anti-reflux and hernia repair techniques. These include tissue flap repair of hiatal hernias, transversus abdominis release (TAR), enhanced view totally extraperitoneal hernia repairs (eTEP), and robotic total abdominal wall reconstruction of massive ventral incisional hernias.
Prior to accepting the prestigious position at the Columbia Hernia Center, Dr. George worked in central New Jersey, specializing in advanced hernia repair techniques.
His research in the field has been presented at national meetings as well as published in peer-reviewed journals. He is also an active member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES).
Dr. George offers patients unparalleled communication all while focusing on having the best outcomes possible. He is committed to his patients by ensuring they receive the most up-to-date care and by making sure they feel comfortable every step of the way.
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Fellowship: Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Residency: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Internship: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Medical School: George Washington University
- Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Medical School: George Washington University School of Medicine
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at CUIMC
Awards & Honors
- Cox Medical School Scholarship, 2010 2014
- Gill Research Fellowship, 2011
- Health Services Medical School Research Scholarship, 2011
- Mount Sinai Department of Surgery Medical Student Teaching Award, 2015
- Tauber Holocaust Memorial Medical School Scholarship, 2010 2014