Peter Samuel Dayan, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Peter Samuel Dayan, MD
Dr. Peter Dayan is a board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physician and a Professor of Pediatrics (in Emergency Medicine) at the Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He has been at Columbia for more than 25 years.Dr. Dayan's primary academic interest is in conducting and mentorship of research relevant to care of acutely ill or injured children. His main contributions have come through 20 years of participation and leadership in multicenter research, including as principal or senior investigator of studies conducted in the Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN), which is the only federally-funded research network for the emergency care for children in the US. His personal expertise is in conducting patient-oriented research aimed to optimize the diagnostic assessment and clinician decision-making for patients with common chief complaints but uncommon outcomes, such as infants and children with seizures or head trauma. He has trained and continues to mentor future generations of investigators caring for children in the acute care setting.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: Children's National Medical Center
- Medical School: Weill Cornell Medical College
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Professor of Pediatrics (in Emergency Medicine) at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital