Paul Garcia, MD, PHD
Paul Garcia, MD, PHD
622 West 168th Street
, NY 10032
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Please call to schedule an appointment. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency department.
New & Existing Patient Phone
Connect Patient Portal
For existing patients of this provider, login or sign-up to make an appointment, communicate with your provider, manage appointments, access test results, and more.Login or Sign-up
- Residency: Emory University Hospital
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
- Division Chief of Neuroanesthesia
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- Best Abstract, Clinical Neurosciences, American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting, Chicago; October 2016
- Best Abstract, Experimental Neurosciences, American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting, San Diego; October 2015
- Best Abstract, Honorable Mention. Research was recognized at the International Society for Anaesthetic Pharmacology. New Orleans; October 2009
- Emory University School of Medicine Faculty Award, "Hidden Gem", Celebration of Faculty Excellence Ceremony; October 2015, in appreciation of mentoring students and residents in scholarship.
- FAER / Abbott Resident Scholar, American Society of Anesthesiology; 2008.
- Featured Abstract, 65th PGA of the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists. Oral presentation in a Best Abstracts of the Meeting session; December 2011.
- Featured Poster Presentation, 4th Annual Science of Graduate Medical Education Day, Emory University School of Medicine; June 2013
- First Place for Resident Research, 62nd PGA, New York State Society of Anesthesiologists; December 2008
- Inductee, Eta Kappa Nu, Electrical Engineering Honors Society; 1993
- Inductee, Tau Beta Pi, Engineering Honors Society; 1993
- Medical Student Research Fellow, Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research; 2005
- Mentor Award, Systems-Based Learning Project for Emory Anesthesiology Residents; June 2012.
- National Hispanic Scholar Award; 1991 1995
- Nomination and Induction as Active Member into Association of University Anesthesiologists (AUA); December 2015
- Outstanding Mentor Award, Research Experience for Undergraduates Program, Georgia Institute of Technology. Recognized for mentoring of undergraduate students in research; May 2000.
- Outstanding Research Faculty of Emory School of Medicine. Presented on Researcher Appreciation Day; September 2017
- Presidents Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology; 1999 2004
- Resident Research, Third Place Winner. American Society of Anesthesiology Annual Meeting. New Orleans; October 2009
- Teaching Award, CUMC Neuroanesthesia Division; June 2019 (awarded by anesthesiology residents)
- Thomas J. Watson Scholarship, IBM; 1991 1995
- Top 10% User Accessed Review, Faculty of 1000, F1000.com; 2010, 2012.
- Top 5% User Accessed Review, Faculty of 1000, F1000.com; 2011.