Paolo Carlo Colombo, MD
Paolo Carlo Colombo, MD
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
Book an Appointment Online
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Paolo Carlo Colombo, MD
Paolo C. Colombo is a cardiologist who specialized in treating patients with heart failure, cardiac assist device and heart transplant. Dr. Colombo is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
Dr. Colombo received his medical degree, magna cum laude from the University of Milan in Italy. He completed his internal medicine residency and fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center, the university hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He then specialized in heart failure and transplant at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Colombo has been on ColumbiaDoctors faculty since 2002. He is the Sudhir Choudhrie Professor of Cardiology and serves as the Director of the Center for Advanced Cardiac: Heart Failure, Heart Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support.
An internationally renowned investigator, Dr. Colombo has been awarded research grants from the National Institutes of Health, American Heart Association as well as other research foundations. Dr. Colombo has published more than 160 manuscripts and presented his research all over the world.
Dr. Colombo sees patients at Columbia University Medical Center in Washington Heights.
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplant Management
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD)
- Mechanical Assist Device
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Milan Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (Italy)
- Fellowship: Montefiore Medical Center
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician, Center for Advanced Cardiac Care
- Assistant Attending Physician, Coronary Care Unit
- Director, Center for Advanced Cardiac Care
- Medical Director Mechanical of the Circulatory Support Program
- Sudhir Choudhrie Associate Professor of Cardiology (in Medicine) at the Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center