Panos N. Papapanou, DDS
Locations and Appointments
ColumbiaDoctors - Midtown
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Panos N. Papapanou, DDS
Dr. Papapanou is Professor of Dental Medicine, Chair of the Section of Oral, Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Sciences, and Director of the Division of Periodontics, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine.
He is internationally recognized for his research in the epidemiology of periodontal diseases, the assessment of microbial and host-derived risk factors, the pathobiology of periodontitis and its role in as a general health stressor in atherosclerosis and pregnancy complications. His research has been funded by the National Institutes of Health, foundations and industry.
He is a member of the advisory board of several scientific journals, a Fellow of the American College of Dentists and a Past President of the Periodontal Research Group of the International Association of Dental Research.
Specialties & Expertise
- Dental Implant
- Dental Implant Surgery
- Gum Disease
- Non-Surgical Periodontics
- Periodontal Surgery
- Periodontal Therapy
- Medical School: University of Athens School of Medicine
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Chair, Section of Oral, Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Director, Division of Periodontics Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Professor of Dental Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center