Nomita Sonty, PHD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Nomita Sonty, PHD
Nomita Sonty, Ph.D is a licensed clinical psychologist with specialization in Pain Management and Behavioral Medicine. She joined the faculty of the Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Pain Medicine at Columbia University in 1998, after having spent many years at the National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington DC. She holds the academic title of Associate Professor of Medical Psychology at CUMC. She is also a member of the core faculty for the Psychology internship program and Pain Medicine Fellowship at Columbia University.
Dr. Sonty is experienced in evaluating and treating psychological aspects of many chronic pain conditions including headache disorders. She performs pre-surgical behavioral evaluations for implantable devices. She offers individual and couples psychotherapy for those suffering from chronic pain and other chronic medical illnesses. Her theoretical orientation is CBT. She is also experienced in using biofeedback for pain disorders.
Specialties & Expertise
- Adjustment Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Mental Health
- Panic Disorder
- Relationship Problems
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Stress Management
- Work-Related Stress
- Medical School: National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, India
- Fellowship: St Louis University Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Administrative Director, Division of Pain Management
- Associate Professor of Medical Psychology (in Anesthesiology and Psychiatry) at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center