Michio Hirano, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Michio Hirano, MD
Dr. Hirano received his B.A. from Harvard College and M.D. from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. At the Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC), he did his neurology residency training and a post-doctoral fellowship in neuromuscular genetics under Drs. Salvatore DiMauro and Eric Schon.
Currently, Dr. Hirano serves as Chief of the Neuromuscular Division, Co-Director of the CUMC Muscular Dystrophy Association clinic, and Director of the H. Houston Merritt Center for Muscular Dystrophy and Related Diseases. He evaluated patients with myopathies and other neuromuscular disorders.
- Neuromuscular Medicine
Specialties & Expertise
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Myoneural Disorder
- Neurometabolic Disorder
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Neuromuscular junction disorders
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Chief, Division of Neuromuscular Disorders
- Director, H. Houston Merritt Clinical Research Center
- Lucy G. Moses Professor of Neurology
- Medical Director, Laboratory of Molecular Genetics/Laboratory of Metabolic and Mitochondrial Disease
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center