Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
About Michael L. Miller, MD, PhD
Michael L. Miller, MD, PhD, is a neuropathologist at the Department of Pathology and Cell Biology. Dr. Miller completed undergraduate training at Binghamton University in New York with concentrations in integrative neuroscience and biochemistry. Building on this foundation, he then completed graduate training at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, receiving doctoral degrees in medicine and neuroscience as part of their combined MD/PhD medical-scientist training program. Dr. Miller completed post-graduate training in anatomic pathology and neuropathology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center as part of the Department's combined AP/NP training program. Dr. Miller has broad academic interests related to the field of neuropathology. In particular, he is interested in the relationships between the nervous system, the neuromuscular system and the immune system, and the impact of these relationships to human disease. Translating these interests to practice, Dr. Miller is interested in the development and safe implementation of new technologies to assist the pathologist during their examination.
- Medical School: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology at CUMC
Awards & Honors
- 2009-2010: Barry M. Goldwater Scholar in Mathematics, Science and Engineering, The Barry M. Goldwater Foundation
- 2015-2018: Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Fellow, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of HealthProject title: Identifying distinct striatonigral and striatopallidal disturbances (F30-DA-038954)
- 2021-2022: Shelanski Research Innovation Award, Department of Pathology & Cell Biology, Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons