Michael Barry Stokes, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Michael Barry Stokes, MD
Barry Stokes is a renal pathologist and Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology at Columbia University Medical Center. He completed medical school in Dublin, Ireland, followed by residency training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at NYU Medical Center, New York. Dr Stokes then completed a fellowship in renal pathology at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle. Prior to joining the faculty of Columbia University Medical Center in 2002, Dr. Stokes was an Assistant Professor and attending renal pathologist at NYU Medical Center. In addition to the education of medical students, pathology residents and fellows, Dr Stokes's main academic interests are morphologic classification of medical kidney disease, dysproteinemia-related renal disease, and drug effects on the kidney.
Specialties & Expertise
- Clinical Research
- Renal Pathology
- Research Studies
- Fellowship: Washington University Medical Center
- Medical School: National University of Ireland
- Residency: New York University Medical Center
- Residency: Weill Cornell Medical College
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Professor of Pathology & Cell Biology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center