Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
Connect Patient Portal
About Michael A. Weiner, MD
Michael A. Weiner, MD has been a pediatric oncologist for 35 years and specializes in the care of children with leukemia and lymphoma. He has been very active in the pediatric oncology community, having served as a past chair of the Hodgkin Lymphoma Committee of the Children's Oncology Group (COG)-the world's largest organization devoted exclusively to childhood and adolescent cancer research.
Dr. Weiner enjoys seeing the tremendous progress made in treating pediatric cancers since the earliest days of his career. According to him, more children with cancer are surviving today than ever before, and he finds it rewarding to have been able to contribute to that success. In the past 50 years, pediatric cancer has transformed from a virtually incurable disease to one with a five-year survival rate of 80 percent today. Significant advances in supportive care for children and their families who are dealing with a diagnosis of cancer have also been made.
Pediatric oncology gives Dr. Weiner the opportunity to get to know his patients and their families. In fact, many families view the pediatric oncologist as a member of their own family. According to Dr. Weiner, it is very exciting and rewarding when he sees patients not only survive cancer, but grow up to have children of their own.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Pediatric Leukemia
- Pediatric Lymphomas
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Residency: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Medical School: State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse
- Fellowship: New York University Medical Center
- Internship: Montefiore Hospital
Titles & Positions
- Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital