Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Melodie R. Winawer, MD
Dr. Winawer's clinical interests are in epilepsy and neurogenetics. Her research focuses on the genetics of epilepsy, working to identify susceptibility genes that play a role in human health and disease. She employs genetic epidemiology techniques to investigate the role of genes in raising risk for specific clinical epilepsy subtypes in human subjects, and also uses mouse models to identify genes that contribute to seizure susceptibility. She is the director of clinical neuroscience education for the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Specialties & Expertise
- Clinical Neurology
- General Neurology
- Genetic Disorder
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Fellowship: Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
- Fellowship: Neurological Institute of the Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- National Headache Foundation, 2014 Seymour Diamond Lectureship Award