Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Melissa E. Glassman, MD
Dr. Melissa Glassman is the medical director of the NYP Ambulatory Care Network's Newborn Clinic and of the Ambulatory Care Network's Breastfeeding Support Program at Newborn Clinic. Dr. Glassman established the Newborn Clinic in 2009 due to a longstanding need of the hospital to provide timely outpatient follow-up visits for newborns when they are discharged from the Well Baby Nurseries. Newborn Clinic provides the first outpatient visit on day of life 3-5 for newborns with Medicaid insurance. This comprehensive visit focuses on general newborn care and education, addresses medical issues unique to this age, and provides hands-on breastfeeding education and support. Dr. Glassman established the Breastfeeding Support Program at Newborn Clinic in 2017 in order to provide intensive, hands-on support to breastfeeding dyads. The Newborn Clinic International Board Certified Lactation Consultant meets with Newborn Clinic patients and their mothers at the time of their clinic visit and is also available for outside referrals to help all breastfeeding dyads in the community who need hands-on, in-depth help and support.
Dr. Glassman is passionate about newborn care and supporting families during the early, initial days at home after leaving the nursery. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and works closely with breastfeeding mothers and their newborns during their visits with her in Newborn Clinic. She is an active member of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, serving on their abstract review committee, and the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Breastfeeding. She is part of the NYP-Columbia Core Leadership Team of the Breastfeeding Hospital Collaborative, the NYC Department of Health-sponsored program through which the hospital is working to achieve Baby Friendly Designation.
- Breastfeeding Medicine
- Breastfeeding Promotion and Support
- Newborn Care
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
- Medical Director, Breastfeeding Support Program at Newborn Clinic, Ambulatory Care Network, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Medical Director, Newborn Clinic, Ambulatory Care Network, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital