Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Connect Patient Portal
About Matthew R. Baldwin, MD, MS
Dr. Baldwin is a board-certified pulmonary and critical care physician and clinical investigator with a Masters in Biostatistics. Dr. Baldwin's research aims to improve critical illness survivorship and spans three areas of study.
- Epi-mechanistic research to endophenotype acute respiratory failure survivors and COVID survivors to elucidate mechanisms of physical impairment as therapeutic targets for improving long-term recovery.
- Clinical and epidemiologic research with a focus on clinical risk prediction modeling and health disparities outcomes.
- Novel palliative care interventions aimed at improving ICU survivorship. For example, chaplain-led communication-board-guided spiritual care for mechanically ventilated patients.
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Critical Care
- General Pulmonology
- Intensive Care
- Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Respiratory Failure
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Titles & Positions
- Herbert Irving Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Department of Defense PRMP awardee
- NIA K23 awardee
- NIH loan repayment awardee
- Phi beta Kappa