Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Matthew Jason Lewis, MD
Matthew Lewis MD MPH is a cardiologist who specializes in general cardiology and adult congenital heart disease. He has a clinical interest in complex congenital heart disease and is a co-director of the Adult Single Ventricle Clinic at Columbia University Medical Center and serves as the director of the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Research Program. Dr. Lewis is board certified in Cardiovascular Medicine and Adult Congenital Heart Disease.
Dr. Lewis completed his MD and Masters in Public Health from Harvard Medical School. Following, he completed the Harvard combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Boston Children's Hospital where he served as Chief Resident. After residency, Dr. Lewis completed fellowship training at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center where he also served as Chief Fellow prior to completing an Adult Congenital Heart Disease Fellowship.
Dr. Lewis has experience with patient care, teaching and research and has received grant funding from the National Institute of Health and Adult Congenital Heart Association as a primary investigator and from the Department of Defense as a co-investigator. He has published extensively in the field of Congenital Heart Disease and has particular research focus on utilizing translational research and genomics to improve the outcomes of patients with single ventricle physiology.
Dr. Lewis sees patients at Columbia University Medical Center in Washington Heights, NY
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Adult Cardiology
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD)
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Atrioventricular Canal Defect
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Complex Congenital Heart Disease
- Congenital Abnormalities
- Pulmonary Stenosis
- Single Ventricle Physiology
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Internship: Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency: Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Director of Research, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center