Mathew Maurer, MD
Mathew Maurer, MD
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Mathew Maurer, MD
Mathew S. Maurer, MD, is medical director of The HCM Center at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. A general internist and geriatric cardiologist with advanced training in heart failure and cardiac transplantation, he has received grants from the National Institute on Aging to study cardiovascular changes in older patients and specializes in the care of patients with heart failure and a preserved ejection fraction, including patients with HCM. Dr. Maurer is an associate professor of Medicine at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he directs the Clinical Cardiovascular Research Laboratory for the Elderly (CCRLE) at the Allen Hospital of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Maurer is a member of the Advanced Cardiac Care Center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia.
Dr. Maurer received a B.S. in biomedical science as part of the seven-year medical school program at CCNY – The Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, where he was awarded the Belle Zeller Scholarship. He received his M.D. degree from Mount Sinai School of Medicine and graduated Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed training in internal medicine and cardiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and was chief medical resident.
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Adult Cardiology
- Clinical Cardiology
- Geriatric Cardiology
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Left Ventricular Assist Device
- Medical School: Mount Sinai School of Medicine CUNY
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center