Mathew Maurer, MD
Mathew Maurer, MD
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Mathew Maurer, MD
Mathew S. Maurer, MD - Dr. Maurer is a general internist and geriatric cardiologist with advanced training in heart failure and cardiac transplantation. He is the Arnold and Arlene Goldstein Professor of Cardiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons, where directs the Clinical Cardiovascular Research Laboratory for the Elderly (CCRLE). Dr. Maurer is a member of the Advanced Cardiac Care Center at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia Campus. He is the Director of the Cardiac Amyloidosis Program.
He has published over 300 articles including peer reviewed manuscripts, reviews and book chapters. He was Chair of the American College of Cardiology's Geriatric Cardiology Member Section, which is the largest organization dedicated to advancing the care of older adults with cardiovascular disease. He was co-chair of the Steering Committee of the ATTR-ACT trial showing tafamidis was a safe and effective therapy for transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy. Throughout his career, he has promulgated an approach to older adults with cardiovascular disease that offers the best of both geriatric and cardiovascular medicine in which a comprehensive holistic approach to enhance functional capacity and quality of life is at the forefront of emerging techniques to address cardiovascular physiologic derangement that disproportionately afflict older adults.
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Adult Cardiology
- Clinical Cardiology
- Geriatric Cardiology
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Left Ventricular Assist Device
- Medical School: Mount Sinai School of Medicine CUNY
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center