Mary M. Salvatore, MD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/Milstein Hospital Building
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Mary M. Salvatore, MD
Mary M. Salvatore MD, MBA, is an associate professor of radiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center in NYC. She specializes in thoracic radiology with a specific focus in interstitial lung diseases and patterns of fibrosis on CT. She is a passionate teacher and has spoken throughout the country on the early and correct diagnosis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Dr. Salvatore and colleagues have created and maintain a pulmonary fibrosis registry which has currently enrolled over 400 patients. She has initiated a daily journal club in order to provide continuing education for herself and other clinicians and patients on the topic of lung fibrosis by summarizing all recent articles and disseminating by email. She has started a support group for patients and their families, who have pulmonary fibrosis.
Dr. Salvatore is actively involved in research, retrospectively reviewing well-established CTs of usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP) and looking at earlier exams to determine earliest CT manifestations of disease. She has written a text on CT interpretation for non-radiologists. Her ultimate goal is to affect as many people in a positive way as possible through education and positive attitude.
Visit the Salvatore Lab
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Residency: St. Vincent's Catholic Medical Center
- Fellowship: Long Island Jewish Hospital
- Fellowship: Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- Mount Sinai Selikoff Center for Occupational Health: Award for Patient Care for 9/11 Workers and Volunteers September 9, 2016
- Staten Island University Hospital: Department of Medicine Attending Teacher of the Year Award Honorable Mention, 2005.
- Staten Island University Hospital: Department of Radiology Attending Teacher of the Year Award, 2008.
- Staten Island University Hospital: Nominated for Parker J. Palmer Courage to Teach Award, 2011.
- Staten Island University Hospital: Nominated for the Presidents Award for Faculty Development Program, 2010.