Markus D Siegelin, MD
Pathology - Anatomic
Locations and Appointments
Login to Connect Patient Portal make an appointment, view documentation or contact your doctor’s office.
- Fellowship: Ruprecht Karl University (Germany)
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical School
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- 2007 Rudi-Busse Dissertation Award for the best doctoral thesis in 2007, Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- 2007 Young Investigator Award, Ruprecht-Karls-University, Heidelberg, Germany
- 2009 Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship awarded by German Research Foundation.
- 2012 Stowell-Orbison Award, United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- 2013 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) and National Brain Tumor Society Career Development Award for Translational Brain Tumor Research
- 2013 Translational Grant Program, American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA)
- 2014-2019 National Institue of Health, NINDS, K08 Career Development Award
- 2016 BCURED Fighting Brain Cancer Award
- 2016-2021 National Institue of Health, NINDS, R01 Research Grant
- 2017 ABTA Discovery Grant
- 2017 Louis V. Gerstner, Jr. Scholar
- 2018-2023 National Institute of Health, NINDS, R01 Research Grant on synthetic lethal interactions in IDH1 mutant gliomas
- 2020 Schaefer Research Scholar
- 2021 ABTA Discovery Grant
- 2021-2026 National Institute of Health, NINDS, R01 Research Grant on HDAC inhibitors and tumor metabolism in glioblastoma
- 2022 Elected Member of the American Society of Clinical Investigation (ASCI)
- 2022-2026: Chartered Member of the NIH MCTA Study section
- 2023: Associate Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology (with tenure)
Need Help Finding a Doctor?