Marcella Donovan Walker, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Marcella Donovan Walker, MD
Dr. Walker is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University in the Division of Endocrinology. Dr. Walker received her undergraduate training at Wesleyan University (Middletown, CT) and her medical training at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. She completed her internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in 2002 and went on to complete a 3-year fellowship training program in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University. Dr. Walker joined the faculty at the College of Physicians and Surgeons in 2005. Dr. Walker also completed a Masters Degree in Biostatistics and Patient-Oriented Research at the Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University in 2009.
Dr. Walker is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and is an International Society for Clinical Densitometry-certified Clinical Densitometrist. Dr. Walker's clinical activities involve seeing patients in the Metabolic Bone Diseases Unit at Columbia with a variety of disorders including postmenopausal and glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis, idiopathic osteoporosis, hyper- and hypoparathyroidism, Paget's disease, fibrous dysplasia, osteomalacia and osteopetrosis.
Dr. Walker also has academic responsibilities which include teaching endocrine pathophysiology to first year medical students and serving as a preceptor for 3rd year medical students during their medicine Clerkship. Additionally, Dr. Walker attends on the inpatient Internal Medicine and Endocrinology consult services with residents and fellows.
Specialties & Expertise
- Bone and Joint Infections
- Bone and Mineral Metabolism
- Bone Diseases
- Bone Metabolism Disorder
- Bone Tumors
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- Hawk Prize for Biochemistry, Wesleyan University, 1993
- Irving Scholar, 2011-2014
- Outstanding Small Group Preceptor Award, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2008
- Phi Beta Kappa, Wesleyan University, 1992