Marc Bessler, MD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Marc Bessler, MD
Dr. Marc Bessler is the United States Surgical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center. A fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Bessler's clinical specialties include laparoscopic and single incision bariatric surgery. He earned his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine, and completed his residency in general surgery and his fellowship in surgical endoscopy at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City.
Specialties & Expertise
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Endoscopic Gastric Balloon Placement
- Esophageal Cancer
- Esophageal Surgery
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gastric Bypass
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- GERD Surgery
- GERD-Laparoscopic Technique
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Anti-reflux Surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication
- Laparoscopic Revisional Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Metabolic Surgery
- Minimal Access Surgery-GERD
- Obesity Surgery
- Stomach Cancer
- Stomach Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Management
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- Blakemore Award for Surgical Research, 1992 and 1993.
- Blakernore Prize for Excellence in Surgical Research, June 1996.
- New York Magazine's Top Doctors, 2005-2016.
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Resident Achievement Award, Best Resident Presentation, SAGES, 1995.