Additional Locations for Lydia S. Dugdale, MD
ACN West - AIM Practice - West3985 BroadwayAt 167th St, Vc 2nd FlNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Lydia S. Dugdale, MD
Lydia Dugdale, MD, MAR (ethics), is the Dorothy L. and Daniel H. Silberberg Associate Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons and Director of the Center for Clinical Medical Ethics. She also serves as Associate Director of Clinical Ethics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
A practicing internist, Dugdale moved to Columbia in 2019 from Yale University, where she previously served as Associate Director of the Program for Biomedical Ethics. Her scholarship focuses on end-of-life issues, medical ethics, and the doctor-patient relationship. She edited Dying in the Twenty-First Century (MIT Press, 2015) and is author of The Lost Art of Dying (HarperOne, 2020), a popular press book on the preparation for death.
- Internal Medicine
- Medical School: The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Internship: Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Attending
- Associate Director of Clinical Ethics, NYP
- Director, Center for Clinical Medical Ethics
- Dorothy L. and Daniel H. Silberberg Associate Professor of Medicine