|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tue||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wed||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thu||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Fri||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Additional Locations for Lisa S. Wiechmann, MD
ColumbiaDoctors - Midtown51 West 51st StreetNew York
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington AvenueFloor 10New York
- 55 Palmer AveBronxville
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Lisa S. Wiechmann, MD
Dr. Wiechmann is a board certified surgeon specializing in breast cancer, who was recognized with honors by the Breast Cancer Alliance, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation and the Society of Surgical Oncology.
Dr. Wiechmann's dedication to patient-driven, personalized care has earned many awards. These include the "Faces of Respect" Award at Montefiore Medical Center (2011-2013) and the Greenwich Hospital Quality Award (2015). Her peers recently selected Dr Wiechmann as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor, a nationally ranked service whose mission is to help consumers find the best healthcare; she has been listed in the "Guide to America's Top Surgeons" for the past 3 years.
Dr. Wiechmann is a breast surgeon with over 10 years of experience at the Comprehensive Breast Center of the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia, a multi-site, multi-disciplinary entity that incorporates the legacy of innovation and trust associated with the Columbia University Irving Medical Center. She works closely with a multi-disciplinary team including radiologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons and other breast cancer support staff. Her goal is to make patient and family experience as simple, thorough, and streamlined as possible. Dr Wiechmann approaches each patient in a personal, kind, and compassionate way and believes in shared decision-making and teamwork. She speaks English, Spanish, and Italian fluently and can conduct the consultation in any of those languages.
In the clinic, Dr. Wiechmann's interests include triple negative breast cancer (ER, PR, and HER2 negative), the genetic and familial predisposition to breast cancer, and disparities in cancer treatment and outcomes.
Dr Wiechmann, who was born and raised in Florence, Italy, received her medical degree Magna Cum Laude at Universita' Degli Studi Di Firenze Facolta' Di Medicina e Chirurgia in Florence, Italy.
She completed a General Surgery Residency at TUFTS, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Boston followed by a research fellowship in the prestigious laboratory of Dr Kent Osborne and Dr Rachel Schiff, at the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center of the Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center at Baylor College of Medicine, in Houston, Texas. At Baylor, her research focused on the preclinical development of therapies targeting the HER2 receptor; her work was recognized by Komen/AACR. Dr Wiechmann's work has been published in many surgical and the Breast Cancer Alliance, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation and the Society of Surgical Oncology have repeatedly recognized oncology publications and her with awards for her research and scholarship.
After completing her research at Baylor, Dr Wiechmann was the recipient of the Breast Cancer Alliance award that funded her clinical fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, which led to her participation in the prestigious ASCO/AACR (American Society for Clinical Oncology/American Association for Cancer Research) course, Methods in Clinical Cancer Research.
- Breast Cancer
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
Awards & Honors
- ASCO/AACR Vail Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop Scholarship. Date: September 2009.
- Breast Cancer Alliance Award / Sponsored Fellow. Insitution/ Organization: Memorial Sloan Kettering / Breast Cancer Alliance Award. Date: July 2008-June 2009.
- Faces of Respect. Institution/ Organization: Montefiore Medical Center. Date: 2011-13.
- Greenwich Hospital Quality Award Winner, July 2015.
- Included in Castle Connollys Top Doctors, 2016-current
- Included in Exceptional Woman In Medicine, 2017-current
- Susan G. Komen Breast cancer Foundation Fellowship (2006-2007). Institution/ Organization: Baylor College Of Medicine - Research. Date: September 2006-June 2008
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure-AACR Scholar-in-Training Award. Institution/ Organization: San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. Date: December 2008.
- Winner SSO Annual Meeting Poster Contest. Insitution/ Organization: Society of Surgical Oncologys 62nd Annual Cancer Symposium. Date: March 2009.