Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
Connect Patient Portal
About Leena Mathew, MD
Leena Mathew received an MD from Tirunelveli Medical College, India, in 1995 at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, Dr. Mathew completed an internship in the Department of Surgery, followed by a residency in anesthesiology and a fellowship in pain medicine.
Dr. Mathew joined the faculty of the Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Pain Medicine, at Columbia University Medical Center in August 2003. An associate professor of anesthesiology at CUMC, she is program director for the pain medicine fellowship. She practices all aspects of acute and chronic pain medicine, with a special interest in interventional pain medicine in the treatment of cancer and chronic pain, including neurolytic procedures, Botox, ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve blockade, radiofrequency, and cryoablation, as well as implantable therapies. She is also interested in developing comprehensive treatment models for patients with pelvic pain and headaches.
Dr. Mathew is a member of the liver transplantation anesthesia team. She is also certified in medical acupuncture.
- Pain Medicine
- Acupuncture For Chronic Pain
- Botox Treatment
- Cancer Pain Management
- Chronic Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain Management
- Facial Pain
- Head and Facial Pain
- Radiofrequency Treatment
- Regional Anesthesia
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Tirunelveli Medical College, South India
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Professor of Anesthesiology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center