Additional Locations for Le-Chu Su, MD
ColumbiaDoctors - 12 E 86th Street12 E 86th StNew York
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington AvenueFloor 8New York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Le-Chu Su, MD
Le-Chu Su, MD, PhD, AGAF, is a well-known gastroenterologist who specializes in the medical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and has an additional interest in nutritional therapies in IBD. She is a member of the IBD Center at Columbia within the Division of Colorectal Surgery, where she works closely with other gastroenterologists and colorectal surgeons as part of the state's most comprehensive IBD treatment programs.
Dr. Su received her medical degree from Case Western University. She also holds a PhD in Nutrition from the University of Minnesota and the Mayo Clinic and also completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at Cleveland Clinic. Before joining Columbia, Dr. Su was a faculty member at the University of Central Florida (UCF) and Cleveland Clinic, where she was in charge of developing and growing a satellite clinic for patients with gastroenterological conditions.
Beyond the bedside, Dr. Su is an avid researcher. As group lead for both Gastroenterology & IBD Research Groups at UCF, she has published research, book chapters, and presented abstracts at national conferences. At Columbia, Dr. Su has continued her research with the IBD Center, focusing on nutrition in patients with IBD.
Dr. Su has been recognized for her hard work and dedication; she has been named Top Gastroenterologist in 2017 and 2019 by Orlando Magazine and Top Gastroenterologist from the International Association of Healthcare Professionals from 2015-2017.
- Internal Medicine
- Crohn's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Interventional Endoscopy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Fellowship: Metrohealth Medical Center And Case Western Reserv
- Residency: Metrohealth Medical Center And Case Western Reserv
- Medical School: Case Western Reserve University
- Fellowship: MetroHealth Medical Center
- Residency: MetroHealth Medical Center
- Internship: MetroHealth Medical Center
- Medical School: Case Western Reserve University / Physician Assistant Program
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at CUMC
Awards & Honors
- Americas Top Gastroenterologist, 2007-2015
- Americas Top Physician, 2003-2015
- Fellow of American Gastroenterological Association, 2015
- Honor Student Awards, 1970-1974, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC.
- Hsiung-Cheng Lin Scholarship, 1970-1974, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC.
- IBC Leading Health Professionals of the World, 2010
- Master Physician of the American Academy of Gastroenterology, 2011
- Mayo Foundation Fellowship, 1978-1980, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota.
- Medical Student Summer Research Scholarship, 1985, Metro General Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
- NIH National Research Service Award, 1992, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Orlando Top Gastroenterologist, Orlando Magazine, 2017, 2019.
- Scientific Achievement Award, 1990, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Top Gastroenterologist, the Leading Physician of the World, the international Association of HealthCare Professionals, 2015-2017.