Laurie Ann Malia, DO
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Laurie Ann Malia, DO
Dr. Laurie Malia is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (in Emergency Medicine) at the Columbia University Medical Center.She completed a pediatrics residency and pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at the University of Connecticut, Connecticut Children's Hospital. She came to Columbia to complete a second fellowship in Emergency Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) and has since practiced as an attending in the pediatric emergency department at New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital in New York City.Dr. Malia is both a board-certified pediatrician and a board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physician. Her interests include POCUS specifically the appendix and musculoskeletal applications, electronic medical record advancement, and the use of point-of-care ultrasound to enhance the care of children in everyday practice. Dr. Malia is the Assistant Director of Clinical Informatics and the Emergency Department Medical Director for Electronic Health Record Integration.
- Residency: Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- Fellowship: Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children
- Fellowship: Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (in Emergency Medicine) at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital