Lauren Gonzales, PhD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Lauren Gonzales, PhD
Lauren Gonzales, PhD is a licensed clinical psychologist and Assistant Professor of Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry) at CUMC. Dr. Gonzales earned her PhD in clinical psychology with a forensic specialty from John Jay College and the Graduate Center, CUNY, and completed her clinical internship and postdoctoral fellowship training at the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center. She then spent four years as an Assistant Professor at Adelphi University, where she conducted research and training for undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students in clinical psychology. Her expertise is in evidence-based treatments for psychosis including cognitive behavior therapy for psychosis (CBTp) and recovery-oriented care.
Specialties & Expertise
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Medical School: John Jay College
- Fellowship: University of California San Francisco Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medical Psychology
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center